Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 4 - 5 pounds of peaches or enough freshly sliced peaches to fill a 9x13” baking pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for the filling)
- 1/4 cup flour (for the filling)
- 1 cup flour (for the topping)
- 1 cup Instant oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar (for the topping)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Slice enough peaches into 1/4 inch slices to fill a buttered 9/13” baking pan to the top
- Mix in sugar and flour
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal and brown sugar.
- Incorporate the butter until it is broken into small chunks (you can do this in a food processor, but I think it comes out better if you just squish the butter with your hands)
- Set the topping on top of the filling in the pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until the topping is browned and you can see the peach filling bubbling inside.
- Set aside to cool a bit and then serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.