Peach Crumble Pie
This peach crumble pie recipe appears in the "Pies" episode of Martha Bakes.
- For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- For the Filling:
- 3 pounds peaches, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch slices (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For the Crumble:
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Make crust: In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and granulated sugar until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 6 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time); do not overmix. Form two disks with dough, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the bottom of the oven. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out one disk of dough to a 12-inch round. Reserve remaining dough for another use. Place in a 9-inch pie plate and trim with kitchen scissors. Fold overhang under, and crimp edges. Transfer to refrigerator while making filling. Make filling: In a large bowl, toss together peaches, brown sugar, and flour until combined. Make crumble: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and oats; using your hands or a pastry cutter, work in butter until large clumps form.
- Transfer peach filling to pie shell, then sprinkle crumble evenly over top. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until juices are bubbling and topping is golden, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 1 1/2 hours before serving.