Peach or Blueberry Crumble
Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipes. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 5 – 6 cups blueberries or sliced peaches
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar (plus 2 – 3 Tbsp. additional sugar if needed)
- 1 cup flour
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the fruit with the lemon juice (and 2 – 3 Tbsp. of sugar if the fruit is tart. If the fruit is very juicy, you may also want to toss it with 1 – 2 Tbsp. flour to absorb some of the moisture). Place the peaches or berries in a shallow 8 x 11 or 9 x 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle them with the cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and sugar, then cut in the butter using your hands or a fork until it is crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake it for 45 -55 minutes, until the topping is golden. Serve it with ice or whipped cream, if desired.