Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
This pancakes rich is moist, fluffy and full of peanut butter and banana flavor. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
Yield: 6 medium-sized pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled
- peanut butter, for serving
- sliced bananas, for serving
- Pass the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Put the yogurt, peanut butter, egg, and ripe banana in a container and use a hand blender to blend the mixture together (you can also use a small blender or food processor).
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. Depending on the size of your banana and the thickness of your yogurt you may not need all of the wet ingredients.
- Heat an electric griddle, or a pan over medium-low heat until it reaches 300 degrees F. Wipe with a paper towel moistened with oil and the pour the batter into CD sized rounds.
- Let the pancakes cook until you start seeing bubbles form on top and the edges of the batter are no longer wet.
- Flip the pancake and cook until browned on the second side.
- Spread a spoonful of peanut butter onto each finished pancake and top with the sliced bananas.