Peanut sauce is commonly found upon African, Thai, and other Asian dishes. Food blogger Sarah Spigelman of Fritos and Foie Gras shares this sauce recipe from a collection of carnivore tested, vegan approved recipes.
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (all natural is best, but use whatever you have in the house)
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 4 scallions, white parts, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar (omit if the pb you use has sugar in it)
- 1 heaping tbs. sambal olek
- 1/4 cup cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Let sit for 30 minutes in the fridge, bring it to room temperature, then taste it again.
- Adjust it for seasonings as desired.