Pears in Red Wine
Pears cooked in red wine is a typical dessert of the Val d'Aosta region of Italy. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Pears in Red Wine at CiaoItalia.com!
Cook time: 45-60 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Sekel or red pears, washed
- Bottle red wine, Grenache or Merlot preferred
- 6 cloves
- 3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the pears in a deep Dutch oven type pot.Add the wine to almost completely cover the pears. Add the cloves and honey.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the pears are tender and the wine is syrupy. Allow the pears to cool; then cut in half lengthwise and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and some of the wine syrup.