- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cake flour (spooned and leveled)
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat cook sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt, stirring until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in zest, pecans, and flour. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment or a silpat. Using a teaspoon measure, roll dough into small balls ( each 1/4 ounce). Place on a large baking sheet, about 2 inches apart (you can fit 6). Bake one sheet at a time, until cookies are golden brown, about 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment to a wire rack to cool completely.