Martha Stewart's pecan tassies recipe appears in the Southern episode of Martha Bakes.
- For the Dough:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- For the Filling:
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- For the Dough: Preheat the oven to 350°. Process pecans in a food processor until finely ground. Put cream cheese and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until well blended. Add flour, ground pecans, and salt; mix just until dough comes together. Alternatively, stir together ingredients with a wooden spoon in a large bowl.
- Roll dough into 18 1-inch balls; press into bottoms and up sides of cups of mini-muffin tins.
- For the Filling: Whisk egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, butter, and salt in a bowl. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake until crust begins to turn golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool completely in tins on wire rack before unmolding. Tassies can be stored in single layers in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.