Persimmon Banana Bread
Any sort of spiced bread has cozy Fall vibes written all over it and this persimmon banana bread is a perfect example. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 fuyu persimmons, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8x4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- To another medium bowl, add the mashed banana, sugar, vegetable oil and eggs; mix. Next, fold in the flour mixture until just combined, being sure not to over mix the batter. Add the diced persimmons and fold one last time. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Transfer the loaf to the oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until it is are puffed, lightly golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, slice up and serve.