Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
A simple and flavor pasta dinner from Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound box spaghetti
- olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- One 8-ounce package sliced mushroom
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta, al dente, according to the package directions and drain.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush olive oil on both sides of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cook. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into cubes.
- While the chicken is resting, saute the red bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach for 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle the pasta with a couple tablespoons of oil and add the pesto sauce. Toss the pasta until the spaghetti is coated.
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Add the chicken and the vegetables to the pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.