Margaret Mellon’s Pickle Wreaths
"Most of my life I have been fortunate enough to live with people, starting with my father, who were able and enthusiastic cooks. As a result, my personal recipe box is pretty slim. But here is one for "pickle wreaths” that is right down my alley…simple, splashy and delicious. It came from my sister in Kansas." -- Margaret Mellon
This recipes appears courtesy of Margaret Mellon.
Yield: Makes about 30 chips.
- 1 jar crunchy dill pickles (32 fl oz) (feel free to make your own)
- 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
- 2 to 3 ounces of dried beef slices, cut into halves or thirds
- Dry pickles off on a paper towel. Mold a layer of cream cheese around each pickle and then cover completely with strips of dried beef.
- Wrap the pickles individually in aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate 4 hours. Unwrap and cut into 1/4" chips.
- Should look like small wreaths with a green centers, white rims, and bright red edges.