Try this pierogi casserole recipe with lasagna noodles, potatoes, cheese, onions, and bacon for a hearty dinner dish.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 5 lbs. white potatoes
- 1/2 lb. cheddar cheese grated
- onions (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Cook and mash potatoes as normal, but make much looser by adding more milk.
- Blend grated cheese into mashed potatoes.
- Fry bacon, drain and crumble.
- Saute onions.
- Butter or spray bottom of 9"x13" pan or glass dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of pan.
- Top with 1/2 of potato mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 of the bacon and onions. Repeat this layer with remaining potatoes.
- Top with remaining lasagna noodles.
- Brush with melted butter, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes, slice and serve with a dollop of sour cream.