Pine Nut Crusted Salmon with Grape Sauce
To avoid splatter when frying – place one end of the meat in frying pan and gently lay the rest down away from you.
- 4 6oz. salmon fillets
- 1 cup pine nuts finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1 tbls. tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 4 cups concord grape juice
- Heat 2 tbls.of oil in a small sauce pot.
- Then add carrots, celery, and onions over medium high heat until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add tomato paste, stir and continue to cook 2 minutes longer.
- Pour in the red wine and bay leaf, being careful that wine does not flare up. Allow the wine to reduce by half.
- Then add grape juice and reduce by half or until sauce consistency(thick enough to coat the back of a spoon). Strain sauce, and keep warm.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Coat the top of each salmon with 1/4 cup of pine nuts, and gently press into salmon.
- Using an oven proof skillet, heat 2 tbls. of oil. When oil is hot, add salmon fillets pine nut side down. Cook until golden brown.
- Turn salmon over and transfer skillet to a 350 degree oven and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven and serve immediately with concord grape sauce.