- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces shredded poached or store-bought roasted chicken (about 3 cups) recipe follows
- 1 small head (1 1/2 pounds) napa cabbage halved lengthwise and finely shredded crosswise
- 4 plum tomatoes thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 scallions thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small pineapple peeled, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced crosswise
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Pineapple Chicken Salad: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, and lime juice. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, cabbage, tomatoes, and scallions.
- Just before serving, toss chicken mixture with pineapple and dressing (do not let stand). Season with salt and pepper.
- Poached Chicken: In a large skillet, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil. Add chicken, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes; remove from heat. Let steam until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 174 calories; 5.9 grams fat; 4.9 grams protein; 20.2 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber