- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or one 14.5-ounce can chunks packed in juice drained)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, milk, and sugar; pulse until almost smooth, with some chunks of pineapple remaining.
- Pour half the mixture into a medium bowl (or a glass measuring cup for easy pouring). Pulse remaining mixture until completely smooth; add to mixture in bowl.
- Divide evenly among eight 3-ounce molds or paper cups, and insert wooden sticks.
- Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks (cover with plastic wrap).
Tips/TechniquesNote: To make chunks, peel, quarter, and core a small pineapple (about 1 pound). Cut into ¼-inch-thick slices, then cut into ¼-inch pieces.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: (per pop) 58 calories; 0.4 gram fat; 0.6 gram protein; 14.1 grams carbohydrates; 0.8 gram fiber