- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup whole spelt (or whole wheat) flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar*
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, whip the butter, sugar, cardamom, and ground pistachios together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and mix until a uniform dough is obtained.
- With floured hands, roll into balls about an inch in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 3 inches apart.
- With your thumb, make an indentation in each ball and fill with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate the cookie sheet with the cookies on it for about 15 minutes, while you preheat your oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan before removing.