If pies seem daunting to you, crumbles are your answer. Make this easy pluot crumble and be sure to eat it warm! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 6 to 7 pluots, pit removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, plus a few more for garnish
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- To Make the Filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 8-inch baking dish (or something equivalent), add the plums, white sugar, brown sugar, coconut flakes, corn starch, vanilla extract and salt. Toss until plum are thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- To Make the Crumble Topping: To a medium bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour,white granulated sugar, chopped walnuts and melted butter. Using a spoon, mix the mixture until clumpy and everything is coated in butter. Pour the crumble atop the filling and spread it out evenly. Transfer it to the oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crumble is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.