Chef Martin Yan shares some recipes in honor of the Chinese New Year. Click here to see more.
- 3 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon minced Thai chili
- 4 cilantro sprigs, stems cut and minced for dressing, leaves reserved for garnish
- 2 cups pomelo segments, tough membranes removed, separated into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups mixed spring greens
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, shredded
- ½ cucumber, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 – 5 Vietnamese mint sprigs (rau ram)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to mix well. Garnish with reserved cilantro leaves, fried shallots, pistachios and Vietnamese mint.
Tips/TechniquesCopyright Yan Can Cook, Inc., 2014.