Pork and Plums
Try this pork and plums recipe from the "Pork" episode of Martha Stewart's Cooking School.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 plums, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- Cut pork into ¾-inch slices on the bias and pound between two layers of plastic wrap to about ¼-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of both oil and butter to pan. Cook pork, working in batches, until browned on both sides, adding the rest of the oil and butter as needed. Transfer pork to plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add red onion and plums to pan and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar to taste, depending on sweetness of the plums, and stir until bubbling.
- Serve pork topped with plum and onion mixture.