Pork Belly Kimchi Tacos
Enjoy the collision between Korean and Mexican food with these sweet and spicy tacos.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes blog)
Yield: 4 large tacos or 8 small tacos
- 2 tablespoons soju
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 grams garlic, grated (2 teaspoons)
- 10 grams ginger, grated (2 teaspoons)
- 1 pound (450 grams) pork belly, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4.2 ounces (120 grams, or 1/2 medium) onion, sliced
- 8 small tortillas or 4 medium tortillas
- mild white cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together the soju, gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Add the pork and mix to combine. Let this marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put the sesame oil and onions into a frying pan over medium high heat and sauté until the onions are just starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the marinated pork, and spread it out into a single layer. Let this fry until browned on one side, and then stir fry until the pork is cooked through.
- To make the tacos, heat the tortillas and place a layer of pork, followed by the cheese, some kimchi, scallions and sesame seeds.