- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 4 well-trimmed bone-in pork rib chops (about 2 pounds each 1 inch thick)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth and tomato paste. Pour mixture into skillet; stir in beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are coated evenly and sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork (in two batches, if necessary) until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of bean mixture.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 395 calories; 22.9 grams fat; 26.1 grams protein; 21.3 grams carbohydrates; 4.9 grams fiber