- 1 lb. pork loin quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups mild green salsa
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 plum tomato diced, for garnish (optional)
- Dust pork with cumin and oregano; season with salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add pork; cook until browned on all sides and slightly pink in the middle, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Set skillet aside.
- Preheat oven to 450° . In a blender, purée salsa with 1/4 cup water until smooth. Add to skillet; cook over medium heat until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions. Place on work surface. Evenly divide sliced pork and 1/4 cheese among the tortillas. Roll each tortilla into a cylinder; place seam side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with heated salsa mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with tomato, if desired.
Nutrition Infoper serving: 474 calories; 23.3 grams of fat; 31.2 grams protein, 32.7 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams fiber