Lidia Bastianich visits Galveston, TX to learn more about Juneteenth, and its place in African-American history in Lidia Celebrates America: Freedom & Independence on PBS.
- Pork roast
- Bird’s eye chili pepper or jalapeño pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Seasoning salt
- Garlic salt
- Small amount of ketchup for on top of roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff roast with hot pepper and garlic.
- Season with salt, black pepper, a little seasoning salt, garlic salt, and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- After seasoning, flour both sides and place in roast pan.
- Slice onion over top, and put small amount of Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cooking oil over roast.
- Put 2 cups of water in the pan.
- Cut up small amount of onion, garlic, and bell pepper and add to the bottom of the pan to season the gravy.
- Bake roast at 350 degrees, until internal temperature reaches 155°F-160°F.
Tips/TechniquesThis recipe is provided by Dr. Bar-B-Q, Leon O’Neal.