Potato, Onion & Bacon Tart
- 1 lb. Puff Pastry (from the freezer section at the grocery store or homemade)
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 2 medium onions julienned
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup Gruyere grated
- 10 baby Yukon Gold potatoes roasted, cooled, sliced 1/4” thick; seasoned with salt & pepper
- 10 Applewood Smoked bacon slices cooked until almost crisp
- 1 ounce thyme picked fresh
- kosher salt & fresh gound black pepper
- Caramelize onions immediately seasoning with salt & pepper. Before removing from the heat, add half of the thyme. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Let cool.
- In a food processor puree the cheese, walnuts and half of the onions until combined but not smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Roll the puff pastry to 3/16” and pierce well with a fork. Cut into desired shape and spread the cheese mixture in a thin even layer across the dough.
- Spread with onions and arrange a layer of potatoes and finally the bacon slices. Put on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake until the dough is golden brown: approximately 15 minutes at 375 F.
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle the remaining thyme and immediately cut and serve.