- 2 lbs. white new potatoes quartered and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions plus more for garnish (optional)
- 4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together sour cream and mayonnaise; add warm potatoes, and gently fold to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- To serve, season salad again with salt and pepper, if needed; fold in scallions. Garnish with bacon and more scallions, if desired.