Potatoes and Onions with Pepper Pesto
Who has not had potatoes and onions, but not like this! A great side dish to pork, chicken or fish. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Potatoes and Onions with Pepper Pesto at CiaoItalia.com!
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large onions, white or yellow, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine such as Falanghina
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and julienned or diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the onions and cook until onions wilt; add the wine and cook until the onions absorb most of it.
- Add the potatoes to the onions along with the salt. Stir to combine well; cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then uncover and stir in the pepper pesto and cook until the potatoes start to brown. Correct seasoning and serve hot.