Power-Up Valentine Treats
Since this treat is made with just a few ingredients, it is important to use the best quality possible. This will give the best flavor. You can watch Sue prepare these treats in this clip from Good Food, Good Life, 365.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon water, if needed
- Pulse dates, walnuts and chocolate chips in food processor until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add vanilla and salt and pulse to mix.
- Pinch the mixture between your fingers to see if it is the right consistency to form into balls. Add a teaspoon of water, if necessary.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls or pat the mixture onto a work surface, forming an even layer. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to form Valentine treats.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator or freezer.