Prosciutto-Wrapped Fruit on a Bed of Parmigiano Snow
The perfect pick-up cocktail appetizer, this recipe can be made to fit any number Of guests; simply multiply by the number of people you want to serve. Make sure that your fruit is sweet and ripe so that it contrasts nicely with the savory flavors of the Prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Prosciutto-Wrapped Fruit on a Bed of Parmigiano Snow at CiaoItalia.com!
- 1 fresh fig or one peeled kiwi
- 2 thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 ounce Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Quarter fig or kiwi lengthwise. If using kiwi, remove the white core on each wedge. Cut Prosciutto di Parma slices in half producing four slices, one to wrap around each piece of fruit.
- Onto a plate, or a platter if you are making the recipe larger, shave Parmigiano Reggiano into a fine snow with a micro plane.
- Shake plate to cover the entire surface with cheese. Heat butter and olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium heat.
- Add Prosciutto wrapped fruit wedges and cook on two sides until just lightly browned, one to two minutes total. While warm,place neatly on Parmigiano covered plate. The cheese will stick to the warm wedges. Serve with tooth picks.
- Makes one serving but can be easily increased.