Pseudo Sausage and Peppers Pork
- 2-3 lbs. ½” sliced pork loin (marinates 2 hours or overnight)
- 4-5 softball/baseball sized peppers (red green, yellow, or orange)
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 large Fennel/Anise root
- 1 can, 14oz. petite-diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Skin, seed, and chop up Roma tomatoes.
- Cut pork into ¾” cubes. Cut peppers into ¾” cubes. Chop fennel root (white/light green) ¼”.
- Combine pork, peppers, and fennel.
- Let this mixture marinate overnight, all day if possible-- but at least 2 hours.
- Heat pan, add oil and toast fennel seeds. Add half of the meat mixture.
- Cook until it is not pink in color. Remove and hold.
- Cook remaining mixture, add fresh tomatoes, and all the meat; heat through.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, heat to serve.