Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
A pretty swirl of all flavors fall creates these fluffy and ultra satisfying pumpkin cheesecake muffins. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Cheesecake Topping:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Muffins Batter:
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and egg yolk until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin liners inside the muffin cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa nibs, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- To another medium bowl, add the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil and eggs; mix. Next, fold in the flour mixture until just combined, being sure not to over mix the batter.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each one 3/4 of the way full.
- Add a scant teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture to the tops of each of the muffins. Using a skewer or a knife, swirl it into the batter.
- Transfer the muffins to the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until they are puffed, lightly golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted into the muffin’s center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 5 minutes and serve warm.