Pumpkin Chipotle Soup
Dip a grilled cheese into this spicy seasonal pumpkin chipotle tomato soup. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 3 (15-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, as garnish
- 1 tablespoons minced Italian parsley, as garnish
- Note: You may have to do this first step in batches, depending on how big your blender is. To a blender, add the diced tomatoes, garlic cloves and chipotle peppers. Pulse until very smooth.
- Pour into a large Dutch oven or pot, set over medium-low heat. Mix in the pumpkin puree and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cover to cook for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and mix in the heavy cream and salt to taste (I added about 1 1/2 teaspoon).
- Divide amongst bowls and garnish with a handful of shredded cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of Italian parsley.