Enjoy fall baking with this pumpkin muffins recipe from Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife. Alice shares this recipe in a full blog post on the Kitchen Explorers blog.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GLAZE: 1/2 cup powdered sugar + 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients until well combined by hand or using an electric mixer. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, all-spice, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until the batter is thick and smooth. Spray a muffin tin generously with non-stick spray or line each muffin space with a baking liner.
- Fill each liner with 3/4 cup of batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until done. When the muffins are cool, prepare the glaze. Mix the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Drizzle the tops of each muffin with the glaze.