Try this pumpkin pancakes recipe for a Fall breakfast. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg yolks, yogurt, orange juice and oil.
- In third bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, just until blended. Fold in egg whites.
- Coat heavy, large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Using one-fourth cup measure, dollop batter into pan, spreading with rubber spatula to make 4-inch pancakes. When small bubbles appear, about 3 minutes, turn pancakes and brown on other side.
- Transfer to plate. Serve immediately, accompanied by maple syrup, if desired.