Pumpkin Pie Filling
A quick and simple recipe for pumpkin pie filling.
Cook time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Saigon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- ½ pint heavy cream, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the pumpkin purée, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves just until they are mixed. Add eggs and whisk until they are well blended. Gradually add the evaporated milk, whisking constantly, until the filling is thick and smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake 45 to 50 minutes more until the filling is set and a sharp knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean. Remove the pie from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream and confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Serve the pie with whipped cream, if desired.