Avoid lengthy time over a hot stove with this satisfying ramen carbonara. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
Yield: Makes 2 large servings
- 4 tablespoons cultured unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 10.6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 0.18 ounces katsuobushi
- black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You can add the butter to a bowl and set it over your pan briefly to melt the butter.
- Whisk the melted butter together with the egg yolk and soy sauce until the mixture is emulsified.
- Boil the ramen according to the package directions (mine took 2 minutes to boil).
- When it's cooked, drain the ramen and toss it with the egg sauce and katsuobushi. Add black pepper to taste and serve immediately.