The following recipe pays tribute to Julia Childs’s Instant Raspberry Ice Cream. Here is my vegan version! This refreshing sorbet can be whipped up in just a few minutes in your blender. This fabulous frozen treat makes the perfect close to any festive summer meal!
- 2 large (or 3 small) frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more, as needed
- ¾ cup cold sweetened vanilla flavored non-dairy milk (almond milk, soymilk or coconut milk), plus more, as needed
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Process slowly, adding more non-dairy milk, a tablespoon at a time until the mixture will process. Process on medium-high speed until soft peaks form and mixture is the consistency of a thick sorbet. Taste and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve immediately in pretty parfait glasses or dessert bowls.