A simple stew of summer vegetables can be so flavorful and satisfying with this ratatouille recipe from Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run. See the full post at the Fresh Tastes Blog.
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced and halved
- 2 summer squashes, sliced and halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, minced
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4th tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Once hot, add the bell pepper, zucchini and summer squash and sauté for about six-eight minutes until just tender.
- Add the eggplant and tomatoes and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes until the mixture is thick and stew-like.
- Add half of the basil followed by the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir well, adding more seasoning if you desire.
- Serve ratatouille with additional fresh basil and crusty bread for dipping.