Raw Pad Thai
Recipe courtesy of Arnold Kauffman
If the words "raw food" sound harsh to you, you probably have not yet been introduced to Arnold Kauffman. Bursting with positive energy, Arnold, who runs a raw food cafe called "Arnold's Way" in Lansdale, PA, has devoted over a decade to the raw food way of life and has inspired many others to follow in his footsteps. His colorful array of smoothies, pies, souls, and pizzas reveal the variety of delicious foods that can be made from natural, vegetarian ingredients - without any cooking at all. WHYY’s Friday Arts meets with Arnold as he explains the logic behind the diet and its numerous health benefits.
Photo Credit: Flickr
- 1-2 Dino Kale sliced lengthwise
- 1-2 Rainbow Chard sliced lengthwise
- 2 Napa Cabbage leaves shredded
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snow bean sprouts
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kelp noodles
- 1/2 papaya diced
- 3 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs honey or agave
- In a large bowl add the first 8 of the above ingredients.
- For the dressing, mix almond butter and honey with two tablespoons of water. Drizzle over salad and toss well.