Red Cabbage Slaw
This red cabbage slaw dressed with a yogurt and pomegranate molasses sauce adds just enough creaminess with a balancing dose of acidity, while the pomegranate molasses lends a pleasant sweetness. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
Yield: Makes 4 side servings
- 14 ounces red cabbage (sliced very thin)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 0.2 ounces dill (leaves plucked from stems)
- Massage the cabbage and salt together and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze as much water from the cabbage as you can and discard the liquid.
- Whisk the yogurt and pomegranate molasses together and then toss this together with the squeezed cabbage, caraway seeds and dill.