Red Wine Sangria
Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 1 bottle dry red wine (such as Rioja Zinfindel, or Merlot)
- 1 shot of brandy
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1 peach sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Sparkling water
- Juice one to two oranges until you have ¼ cup of juice.
- Add juice to a carafe or pitcher along with brandy and sugar and stir.
- Add the sliced fruit and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the entire bottle of wine.
- Cover pitcher or carafe with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to drink (this can be made up to one day ahead). If you want to serve immediately, just move on to step 6.
- Place ice into a glass and then pour in some sangria. Be sure to add as much fruit as you'd like.
- Add a splash of sparkling water and serve.