- Unsalted butter softened for pan
- Plain dried breadcrumbs for pan
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese preferably whole-milk (3 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° . Butter a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with breadcrumbs, tapping out excess. In a small bowl, stir together raisins, flour, and zests; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat ricotta, sugar, and salt until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture, and beat just until smooth (don't overmix).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cake is browned and jiggles only slightly when shaken, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool completely in pan; unmold to serve. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 350 calories; 15 grams fat; 14.6 grams protein; 40.6 grams carbohydrates; 1 grams fiber