Rigatoni with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 lbs. rigatoni or other short tubular pasta
- 2 lbs. plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese diced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until tender and just beginning to take on color, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in red-pepper flakes.
- Stir garlic mixture into reserved tomato mixture. Add parsley, oregano, mozzarella, and pasta; toss.