Risotto with Turkey
- 2 cups Italian (short grain) rice
- 5 cups turkey broth
- 2 cups turkey giblets and meat
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup dried mushrooms reconstituted and chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 cup butter and olive oil (half-and-half mixture)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed 8-quart pan, heat butter/olive oil.
- Sauté onions; add celery and rice.
- Heat until rice is well coated.
- Add broth and turkey meat 1 cup at a time; add salt, pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir constantly, adding more broth as rice cooks.
- When rice is cooked and all broth has been added, take off of the stove heat and add cheese.
- Let set for a couple of minutes before serving.