Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Red Onion
Fizzy’s Tip: 1 large Russet potato may be substituted for the new potatoes.
- 8 new potatoes halved if small or quartered if large
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 red onion cut into eighths
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into large dice
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 branch fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, apple, garlic, rosemary, ½ teaspoon of salt and the pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Transfer the vegetables to a large baking pan. Season the chicken with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and arrange on top of the vegetables.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and cook until the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. If using a thermometer, the chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.