Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- 2 lbs. artichoke hearts (steamed or parboiled)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 TB grated romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 TB minced parsley
- 2 TB olive oil
- Drain the artichoke hearts (thaw 2 packages of frozen if fresh are not available). Sprinkle the hearts with the lemon juice and then dredge in the flour (I use a plastic bag to avoid the mess).
- Taking a few at a time, dip the floured hearts in the beaten eggs and then coat with the bread crumbs which have been flavored with the salt, pepper, parsley and cheese.
- Coat a backing tray with the oil and place the hearts on the tray, turning once to coat with oil.
- Bake at 375°, turning once until brown and crunchy on all sides.