Roasted Breast of Squab
With Salt Spring Island Goat’s Camambert
Cassis Red Onion Compote
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 c milk
- 1 c parmesan
- 1 red onion
- 1 c balsamic vin.
- 1 orange zested
- Splash of cassis
- 1 c Veal demi glace
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- Sprig of rosemary&crushed juniper berry
- Bring milk to a boil, add cornmeal, herbs, and parmesan.
- Lower temperature to med. Stir constantly, approx. 10 min.
- Pour onto parchment-lined baking sheet, let cool.
- Cut 8, 3 inch rounds.
- Julienne onion & place into pot with balsamic, zest and cassis.
- Sweat until tender.
- Reduce wine & vinegar by 2/3 and add veal glace and reduce by half.
- To serve: Layer Polenta with onion compote and slices of the Goats Camembert.
- Heat in 350 degree oven 5 min. or until hot & cheese is melted.
- Place Polenta into center of plate, slice squab in half on bias, drizzle sauce and garnish with dressed frisee or greens.