Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Lemon Pasta
From Adrianna Adarme on the Fresh Tastes blog: This roasted cauliflower, feta, and lemon pasta recipe is a great weeknight meal. Swap in your preferred ingredients.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets and washed
- 2 garlic cloves (not peeled)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon, zest and juice, plus more zest for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula, washed and dried
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. In a small baking dish, toss the cauliflower and garlic cloves with the olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the garlic cloves and trim off the skin by cutting the ends and squeezing the garlic clove out, which will resemble a paste. Turn the oven off completely and place the cauliflower back in the oven so it stays warm while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Smash the garlic with the back of your knife and add it to a large saucepan, along with the heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan-Reggiano and a few pinches of salt. Turn the heat to medium low and whisk until it reaches a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add your penne pasta, cooking it per the package's instructions, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and add it to the large saucepan with the sauce. Toss until the pasta is completely coated. Mix in the feta cheese, arugula and reserved cauliflower florets. Give it a taste and adjust the salt, if needed. Divide between bowls and top with a bit more lemon zest and few sprinkles of parmesan cheese.