Roasted Corn with Smoked Bacon & Caramelized Onion
This marvelous and versatile side dish goes with just about anything. Try serving it as part of a buffet dinner and your guests will be delighted.
- 2 cups roasted corn from 12 ears of corn
- 5 medium Vidalia onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple wood smoked bacon diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cranks white pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 bunch chives for garnish
- Grill ears of corn in their husks, and then cool.
- Remove the husks and separate the kernels from the cob. Heat a skillet and brown the onions over medium heat.
- Lower heat and cook till all of the liquid has evaporated about 20 - 30 minutes.
- In an iron skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until well browned.
- Remove excess fat. Toss in the corn and lightly brown one minute.
- Add the onions, salt, pepper and butter. Garnish with finely chopped chives.