- 1 1/2 lbs. mixed red and green seedless grapes
- 8 shallots root end intact, halved if large
- 6 sprigs thyme plus leaves for hens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 Cornish game hens (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
- Preheat oven to 450° . On a rimmed baking sheet, toss grapes and shallots with thyme sprigs, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Tie legs with kitchen twine; nestle hens among grapes on baking sheet, breast side up. Season hens generously with salt and pepper; sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Roast, basting hens occasionally with pan juices, until an instant- read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of leg (avoiding bone) registers 160° , 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 505 calories; 16.3 grams fat; 53.9 grams protein; 37.6 grams carbohydrates; 1.8 grams fiber