Roasted Fig and Ricotta Crostini
For a quick and easy Summer appetizer, drizzle some honey and crushed pistachios over roasted figs on a crostini slathered in ricotta cheese. (Recipe courtesy of Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 1 pound figs, washed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- Slices of bread of choice, toasted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a baking pan, toss the figs with the olive oil and pinch of salt. Transfer baking pan to the oven and roast the figs for 10 minutes, until slightly softened and juicy.
- To assemble toasts, add about a teaspoon of ricotta to each piece of bread, top a few roasted figs, a small handful of pistachios and a liberal drizzle of honey. Repeat the assembly process with the remaining crostinis.